Research Guides and Policies-
Federal and Funding Agency Policies
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide
- The NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), (NSF 17-1) has been issued and will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 30, 2017.
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Office of Extramural Research - How to Apply - Application Guide
- U.S. Department of Education General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR)
- Fly America Act - Federal travelers are required by 49 U.S.C. 40118, commonly referred to as the "Fly America Act," to use U.S. air carrier service for all air travel and cargo transportation services funded by the U.S. government.
U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars
UNM Guides and Publications
- University Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual
Official and comprehensive UNM policy manual, including fiscal policy necessary for grant administration.
- Faculty Handbook
The Faculty Handbook provides the faculty of the University of New Mexico with a written record of faculty policies and procedures as they bear on the role of the faculty member. This Handbook is intended to help faculty members to acquire an overview of academic policies and resources.
- Guide for Principal Investigators
The guide is designed to help PIs understand research administration at UNM and their obligations as a UNM PI. PIs are encouraged to become familiar with the contents of this guide as it strives to demystify the numerous aspects of doing business with the various offices, including identifying funding sources, developing sound project management plans, securing approvals for proposals, and completing necessary forms.
- OSP Procedures and Guidelines
This web page contains important links and documents regarding research policies and guidelines.
- UNM Fact Book
A rich resource available to you as you prepare your research proposal. The official statistical fact book for the University of New Mexico; it contains a wide range of information and data about the University, including data on enrollments, degrees, program accreditation, faculty and staff, research, and finances.
UNM Research Support Offices
- Contract and Grant Accounting (CGA)
CGA provides support to the university in administering sponsored projects. Sponsored projects are research, instruction, public service, or other projects involving funds, materials, or other compensation from an outside source under an agreement. CGA is responsible to the university and to the funding agencies for the financial and regulatory administration of contracts and grants.
- Office of Sponsored Projects (formerly Pre-Award Services)
The office provides pre-award administrative support to UNM Main Campus and Branches. The Pre-Award Contract and Grant Administrators work with the PI and department/unit administrators to advise and assist in the submission of proposals to the funding agencies.
- Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR)